The hornet’s nest is typically created in layers with hexagonal cells that serve as discrete compartments for the ground hornets. It is made from chewed-up wood fibers combined with saliva. The nest’s exterior is frequently coated in a paper-like substance to shield the inside from the outdoors. Hornet nests may be found in various places, including trees, shrubs, and occasionally within buildings. If disturbed, hornet nests can be dangerous to people because they can become hostile and sting repeatedly.
Few Tips For Getting Rid Of Ground Hornets
It’s advised that you engage a qualified exterminator to handle the removal of a hornet’s nest because it might be risky. But if you’d instead do it yourself, here are some instructions:
Ground Hornet Identification
Determine the nest’s location. Proceed cautiously and silently toward the nest to keep the hornets from being disturbed.
Protective Gear Implementation
Wear protective clothing, such as slacks, a long-sleeved shirt, gloves, and a face mask, until dusk, when hornets are less active. Make sure the entire body is covered.
Kill Ground Hornets Nest With Insecticide Dust
In the nest’s entrance, sprinkle pesticide powder before filling the hole with a big rock or some earth. In doing so, the pesticide will have a chance to kill the hornets.
In the morning, check the nest to ensure all hornet activity has ended. Replicate the process if necessary.
Disposal Of The Nest
After everything is satisfied, dig up the nest and get rid of it together with any dead hornets.
Prevention Of Ground Hornets Nest
The following actions may be taken to stop ground hornets from constructing a nest on your property:
- Maintain a clutter-free yard since mounds of wood, leaves, and other waste can draw hornets.
- Hornets may enter your house through openings outside, such as holes in walls or spaces around windows and doors.
- Keep food and beverages covered outside since sweet and sugary items might draw hornets.
- If you don’t want hornets to make a nest, hang fake nests available from home and garden stores. This may discourage them from constructing a nest nearby.
- Avoid wearing bright colors or flowery designs when you’re outside since they can draw hornets.
- Call a qualified exterminator if you see a hornet nest on your property so that it may be removed safely.
Ground hornet nests should be removed since they may harm human and animal health. Aggressive ground hornets can repeatedly sting, resulting in allergic responses and, in rare cases, anaphylactic shock. They may also interfere with outdoor activities and cause property damage. Removing a nest can stop breeding and colony growth, lowering the likelihood of contact with these insects.
Tornado Pest Control LLC can assist you with pest infestation issues, particularly concerning hornets’ nest removal. Our exterminators have the knowledge and tools to securely remove your hornet’s nest. With our extensive background, we can solve any pest issue you’re facing. Call us now!